Criteria to nominate
Nominations for the Father of the Year for Victoria apply the following rules:
- All entries must be received by the closing date August 11, 2020.
- The Father's Day Council of Victoria does not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, damaged or delayed.
- Nominations and supporting documentation, including photographs will not be returned.
- Finalists are subjected to a police criminal check and must be willing to provide background information.
- YMCA Community Father of the Year winners in each participating municipality will be selected by a local committee based on the criteria for the Father of the Year for Victoria selection criteria, and submitted to Father's Day Council as finalists. Local YMCA Community Father of the Year recipients may be announced in local media outlets.
- Employees of YMCA Victoria and related entities are not eligible to submit a nomination.
- The community can also nominate directly to the Father's Day Council of Victoria for the Father of the Year for Victoria award. A nomination form must be completed online. All nominations must outline the reason the candidate is worthy of the recognition, contact details of the candidate and person nominating the candidate and two referees for the candidate.
- The winner of the Father of the Year for Victoria will be chosen from the group of finalists by the Father’s Day Council of Victoria Inc.
- Finalists must be willing to attend the awards ceremony at the Melbourne Town Hall.
- The winner must be willing to undertake media interviews on the ceremony day and the days following the announcement.
- The winner must be willing to undertake marketing and promotional activities in conjunction with the Father's Day Council of Victoria Inc.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence or negotiation will be entered into.
- The selection of finalists is based on the nominations received and the information available to the judges at the time. The Father’s Day Council of Victoria Inc. reserves the right to withdraw the award if further information becomes available and/or the conduct of the finalists can be seen to cause disrepute to the Father’s Day Council of Victoria Inc. and the YMCA.
- The Father’s Day Council of Victoria Inc. reserves the right to change, hold void or cancel the award and/or event at any time without notice.
- Nominations are only accepted for Father of the Year for Victoria of fathers, father figures or male role models who live within the State of Victoria.
- All short-listed nominees are subject to reference checks to determine suitability.